Late as always because I forgot that April has 30 days
it’s not true but it seems like a good excuse shhhhh
So this is what I read this month:
Minus The Summer Palace because I’ve actually re-read it today (May 1st).
Here’s a quick recap of the most interesting stuff with links to my goodreads reviews (I haven’t posted any review on my blog this month because I didn’t feel like any of them were good enough to put here):
- Honestly Ben: I liked it a bit more than book 1 in the duology. I also think it continues an interesting dialogue about labels and how they define or (or not).
- What Lies at the End: I was really disappointed by this. It’s not that it’s bad, but everyone was talking about it like it was the next best thing after sliced bread and it just wasn’t (for me at least)
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy: I wish I had enjoyed this a lot more than I did
- Lover Boy: This was so unexpectedly good! Definitely recommend if you’re into mangas/manhwas
- Gemina: YES I finally read this! I still like Illuminae better but it was still an amazing read and it deserves a full 5 stars
- Flame in the Mist: I actually finished it today (May 1st) but I’m counting it in my April wrap-up because I read most of it in April anyway. I will have a full review up both on GR and on the blog, but I ended up being pretty disappointed
I didn’t DNF any book this month but it still was a weird and almost disappointing reading month. I was in a weird slump basically, so I had to postpone reading a lot of things that I wanted to read just because I was afraid I wouldn’t enjoy them in this mood. (However, I did read A TON of fan fiction and that was most days all I wanted to read instead of real books. Not that I’m complaining since I think some fanfics are even better than some published books.)
Blogging-wise, April was a total failure. I’m still trying to find some balance and I clearly am not there. My main issue is that even though I review everything on GR I still don’t feel like all of my reviews are good/long/structured enough to go well on my blog, so I just leave them on GR. If anyone has any advice on this (besides get off your a** and write good reviews already) please let me know ♥