So I finally settled on a TBR for the upcoming SapphicAThon! (Reminder: it starts this Thursday, December 14th!) I tried to prioritize a few books and ARCs I already own, and even counting only those I’m really not sure that I will manage to read them all during the event, but I also made a wishlist in case I finish my owned TBR and want/can read some more. In that case I’ll just buy the ebooks because they’re not too expensive and it’s also around Christmas so #treatyoself.
• The Melody of You and Me by M. Hollis (Bingo spots: under 500 ratings, non coming out story, interracial relationship)
• The Edge of the Abyss by Emilie Skrutskie (Bingo spots: SFF, QWOC mc, non coming out story, hate to love, interracial relationship)
• Winterglass by Benjanun Sriduangkaew (Bingo spots: SFF, QWOC mc, they’re both WOC)
• Annie On My Mind by Nancy Garden (Bingo spots: friends to lovers, MC realizing they’re queer)
• Falling for Forever by Caitlin Ricci (Bingo spots: under 500 ratings, something else probably)
• Ripped Pages by M. Hollis (Bingo spots: retelling, under 500 ratings)
• Set the Stage by Karis Walsh (Bingo spots: under 500 ratings, not sure what else)
• Kim Reaper: Grim Beginnings by Sarah Graley (Bingo spots: not sure??)
This is already a lot for a slow reader like me but counting that there are a few novellas and graphic novels among these I hope to get to most of them.
• Treasure by Rebekah Weatherspoon (Bingo spots: disabled mc, QWOC mc)
• Knit One, Girl Two by Shira Glassman (Bingo spots: not sure!)
• The Second Mango by Shira Glassman (Bingo spots: not sure!
• Cinder Ella by S.T. Lynn (Bingo spots: trans MC, retelling)
• Waiting on a Bright Moon by J.Y. Yang (Bingo spots: SFF)
I don’t really plan to do the bingo thing but I still want to know what categories I’m reading from. I don’t know realistically how much time I’ll have since I don’t want to ignore my friends/family/cat in order to read more so I’m hoping I’ll manage to stay chill throughout the event and just enjoy these reads. I’ll also probably change my mind ten thousand times (mood reader and all) and find new things that I want to read, so I guess this post has very little reason to exist but hey, all’s good as long as I get to talk about this readathon again. I just really want people to join it and know about it ok.
I left a few more “popular” (but lbr they’re never truly popular when it comes to F/F sigh) books out of my wishlist simply because I know that I will get to them eventually, and I wanted to focus on things I might be less likely to read once I don’t have this added pressure from the readathon.
Are you joining sapphicathon? Did you post your TBR already? If you did please let me know in the comments because I don’t want to miss anyone’s posts when it comes to this!