This week’s topic:
February 7th: Favorite M/M Couples
–Who are your favorite dudes loving other dudes? (Note: this isn’t specifically cis gay couples, but also applies to couples that include bi men, trans men, pan men, ace men, etc.)
OMG YAY I love this week’s topic and the next (F/F couples)! Also I want to mention that I’m only going to talk about couples that are canon because as much as I like making up headcanons for my fandoms, I don’t believe in queerbaiting my followers and I want to give canon queer couples the space they rightfully deserve!
So since these are all couples that become canon within the book/series/anime, be careful of spoilers if you don’t want to find out who ends up with whom!!!
- 🌈 Damen and Laurent from Captive Prince: listen, if you know me you better have bet at least €50 on me mentioning D&L at the top of my list otherwise I’m gonna be very disappointed in you. THEIR LOVE IS SO STRONG!!! NO SCRATCH THAT! THEY INVENTED LOVE!!!!
- 🏳️🌈 Victor and Yuuri from Yuri!!! On Ice: hey nobody said this had to be strictly about books right..? I can’t not make a post about favorite M/M couples without mentioning Victuuri. Yuri On Ice still owns my ass after more than a year and I owe it more that I can ever begin to explain.
- 🌈 Andrew and Neil from The Foxhole Court: oooohhhhhh boy ohh boy. It’s been one year since I’ve reread TFC and I seriously need to read it again because I can’t possibly have read my second favorite series only twice. All three books make me Feel Things and I miss the Foxes a lot. And Andreil are just so *clenches fist* theY’RE IN LOVE!!!
- 🏳️🌈 Ben and Severin from The Darkest Part of the Forest: aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh I actually don’t talk about them as much as I should? My problem is that the fandom isn’t really big but even though I never RT fanart and such (because there’s like, none), just thinking about them makes my heart explode.
- 🌈 Patroclus and Achilles from The Song of Achilles: *bursts into tears* it’s still too soon and it’s been more than a year since I’ve read them.
Also I know this is probably not the right type of post to discuss this but I do what I want so here is your friendly reminder that if you ship M/M couples you better also support LGBTQIAP rights in every form and shape in real life, like, you know, when it comes to actual, real queer people, and I better not catch you calling gay sex sinful and be generally gross about M/M couples. Thanks for coming to my TED talk and if you feel yourself called out, GOOD, now please go google how to not be a shitty human to queer people and come back to this blog when you’re ready to stop fetishizing queer people.