Down the TBR Hole is a weekly meme hosted by Lia @Lost in a Story. These are the rules:
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
(I’m doing a softcore version of this, and some books will end up on my “maybe” shelf!)
TBR count after the last post: 486
Current TBR count: 534
Okay so I haven’t done this meme since March 10th when life was easy so please give me a break for the fact that between then and now I’ve ended up with 48 books more in my TBR. Also I’ve actually written the core of this post back in March and I’ve had it in my drafts for months and the only thing I’m writing now is this introduction, and reading it is like a letter from naive past me and that’s kinda scary. Anyway enjoy the post and I hope I can get to posting this meme more regularly because my TBR clearly needs it!
✅ = keep
❓ = maybe
❌ = remove
• Femme by Marshall Thornton – This is supposed to be an m/m romance with a coming out as an adult plot line, if I’m not mistaken, which is something I’d love to see. It’s also under the category “humor” on GR so it sounds like fun. ✅
• Thief by Ava March – I’m generally rarely in the mood for historical romance so I guess nope ❌
• Binti by Nnedi Okorafor – I’m torn about this. I’ve also just learned that it’s a novella and I generally don’t like fantasy/sci-fi novellas because I feel like there’s not enough time to understand what’s going on. ❌
• The Otherlings and other stories by Anne Leinonen – Umm I’m entirely convinced that this was added by mistake because I’m rarely into short stories collections and I’m even more rarely into sci-fi ❌
• Magic of Blood and Sea by Cassandra Rose Clarke – Okay I actually have a not very exciting story about this book, but basically I’ve been wanting to buy it since forever, since the book was split in two and it was called The Assassin’s Curse and the cover was so much prettier than this new one (also the books were just ? shorter ? I’d honestly much rather read two 250 pages books than a 500 one oops). It sounded so fun buT!!! I guess they had discontinued producing it before the new edition came out, but anyway I kind of forgot about it while waiting for it to come out again AND NOW I’ve read the blurb again and I can say I still 100% want to read this even though none of my friends have read it but listen, listen……..this is about pirates and assassins okay, I’m weak ✅
• Senlin Ascends by Josiah Bancroft – this sounds………….boring I’m sorry ❌
• Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff – I love Jay Kristoff but I think I’ve heard that there is some controversy about this book and also I kind of have a hard time reading old releases by authors I love, simply because they’re usually not up to the standards that I’ve become used to. So I think it’s an undecided nope but a nope nevertheless ❌
• Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed – this sounds too sad I can’t ❌
• Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake – YES! I do wanna read it! The only criticism I’ve heard is that nothing happens for most part of the novel and I find that when other reviewers say that, it means I’m actually going to enjoy the novel lmao. Also everybody screams about the ending so I really wanna try it once I’m more in a fantasy mood. ✅
• Sabriel by Garth Nix – I don’t really have any comment, the blurb just sounds too generic ❌